Aéroport Cannes-Mandelieu publishes the information available on www.briefing.cannes.aeroport.fr in the interest of the airport operators.
All data published on www.briefing.cannes.aeroport.fr are of general informational nature. In case of differences, only official paper publications published by the authorities (Direction Générale de l’Aviation Civile) are valid.
Anything published on www.briefing.cannes.aeroport.fr is not legally binding.
Aéroport Cannes-Mandelieu may modify the contents of the www.briefing.cannes.aeroport.fr web site at any time without warning, and declines all responsabilities regarding possible errors in the texts contained in the web site. Aéroport Cannes-Mandelieu is not liable towards web sites linking to www.briefing.cannes.aeroport.fr
All rights are reserved.
Informations contained on this page are not official and shall not be used for navigation purpose.
IFR Pilot Briefing
Version 10 : Sanctions Introduction for Altitude
This document is a supplement to information for environmental purposes and is not a substitute for aeronautical publications
Flight Path in case of a LOC B or RNP Y and Z RWY17 followed by a circlingRWY 17
This procedure is a Visual Approach used in case of bad weather
Ignore instructions given in the paragraph dedicatedto VPT17
In downwind position, the pilot must be able to identify the runway threshold without any risk of confusion
Flight Path in case of a LOC A or a RNP A followed by a VPT 17
Visual Ground Reference
Flight Path in case of LOC A or RNP A followed by a VPT17
In compliance with safety conditions and ATC instructions, please proceed as follows:
- Avoid flying over the sensitive areas
- Fly at 2000 ft between LUXUS and PIBON. Maintain Flaps Approach (1 st position) until PIBON to be in a low noise configuration
- AIP :“A detected gap in the vertical plane between LUXUS and PIBON points throughout VPT 17 execution (cf. AIP AD 2 LFMD)(or a visual approach when RWY 17 is active) may be object of a demand of explanation from the crew, or a statement of infraction transmitted to the ACNUSA.
- At PIBON extend the landing gear and begin the descent. Make a turn at the appropriate bank angle depending on the type of aircraftand the approach speed to intercept the runway axis.
- Do not fly beyond the Motorway
- After overflying Point A, fly over north of the industrial area and intercept the runway axis and PAPI slope
- As far as the environment is concerned,overshooting west of the final approach is acceptable(Identify (2) the blue big tent (3)) in compliance with the minimum hight of stabilisation on final
- Get into a full flaps configuration once stabilized on final
- According to the safety requirements, restrict the use of reverse thrust
Download the operating rules briefing V10